Monday, October 1, 2007

Pitter pitter, and patter, patter

        My friends and I decided it'd be fun to draw pictures last night. Well. Actually, I decided it'd be fun.

        Hey, London can't be constantly exciting. Sometimes you gotta kick back and doodle.



        Went to Covent Garden today with Brittany. It's not a garden, but some twisty alleyways of shops, and then a central open air market with a permanent roof. It was fun, in a very soggy way. It rained, all day. I don't feel like we saw much of it from under our umbrellas. If you're ever touring around somewhere, make sure you have shoes that don't leak (I wore my cheap ballet flats instead of my heavier walking shoes, deciding that if my feet were going to be wet regardless, they wouldn't be wet in socks). It's hard to appreciate anything when you squish with every step. I had no idea I could think so much about my feet in one afternoon.

        There were a few tricky moments navigating the crowded, narrow sidewalks; everyone seemed to be carrying dripping umbrellas. Once, I was framed by two men who passed me on either side, lifting their umbrellas so mine passed just beneath, three boned domes, a momentary and chance awning.


        In one of the lifts (or "elevators," to us colonists) at the Covent Garden tube station, there was a man whose waist was level with my shoulders.




p.s. I now own a UK edition of a Terry Pratchett book. My heart skips a little every time I look at it. It's like I'm finally a true Pratchett fan. Flutter flutter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you can solve your footwear problem...sounds very soggy. Love, Mom

jenna said...

love, love, love

I sent you a letter today

Anonymous said...

Hi Leta... love your pictures!! Looks and sounds like you're having a great time!!

Love you!
-The Drabek's (Michelle)